EASY STEPS TO MUTE METION NOTIFICATIONS FOR GROUPS IN WHATSAPP
WhatsApp is so far one of the most popular messaging platforms. The Facebook-owned instant messaging application is the go-to messaging application for most people. Though it is a popular application and has a lot of features but is prone to some small issues that might annoy users.
One of them is notifications from groups and WhatsApp chats mentioning you in them. You might be using Whatsapp for official purposes and a lot of information is shared over it which makes it impossible to fully mute the application. But every one of us is in one or two groups which do not provide much fruitful stuff. But we do not want to leave them, this makes muting specific chats and groups a lot useful. The feature is available on WhatsApp since last October. But this does not stop notifications when someone mentions you in a chat or replies to your messages. To solve this problem, we have this article on “How To Mute Mention Notifications on WhatsApp?“
How To Mute Notifications on WhatsApp Messenger
Let’s first see the direct method to mute a chat or group notification on WhatsApp Messenger. This is quite easy and you might have used it once or more times on WhatsApp. Follow these easy steps to Mute Notifications on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp messenger application and go to the chat or group you want to mute.
- On the top right of the chat Window, select the more option.
- Select the Mute Notiofication option
- Select from the option to mute notifications for
- 8 hour
- 1 Week
- This will mute notifications for the specific group or chat.
But one thing which is immune to this muting of notification is chat mentions and message replies. The notification for both of these will still be shown on the screen. If such notifications annoy you, and there are people in the groups who mention or reply to your messages a lot. And you want these notifications to distract you from your work
If you get distracted a lot while you work this article might help you.. How To Not Get Distracted At Work
How To Mute Mention Notifications on WhatsApp
Following these easy steps, you can mute mention notifications on WhatsApp messages and stay focused avoiding people continuously mentioning you in group chats.
- Open WhatsApp messenger Application and go to the group chat which you want to mute.
- Now, go to the user’s profile from the group who mentions or tags you in the group often from the group’s user list.
- Tap on the name and then scroll down to, here you will see Mute Notifications opinions, tap on it to enable it and mute notifications from that person.
Note: This will mute all notifications from the user, even personal chat messages will be muted along with group chat messages.
This is how you can avoid all unwanted metion notifications on Whatsapp groups. If you find this article on muting notidfications helpful please do share it with your friends and family. Also, comment any other trick if you want to see it working.
If you want to see more How To’s on Whatsapp or WhatsApp Tricks see our WhatsApp Section.
Also you can follow us on Instagram and Facebook to get updates on New Things happening in the digital world.