-System Junk Files are a huge hazard to your system
In this ever-evolving and changing tech days, every day a new technology or software appears appealing to us. And we usually download multiple software just for our temporary purpose and forget to delete them.
This software and files that we download contribute to junk in our system. And junk is a huge threat to our system. Junk files accumulate in your system as you use it. Cleaning these junk files will improve the speed and performance of your system.
Here, you will learn How to Remove Junk Files from Your Windows System
HOW TO REMOVE JUNK FILES FROM YOUR WINDOWS 10
Removing junk files from the windows will increase your system’s overall performance. Though it can be a bit risky for users if they don’t know what’s trash and what useful for them.
Why Junk Cleaning is Important?
System junk can be a huge threat to the system and the user might feel the system slow. These unwanted programs and files occupy a huge amount of space in your system with time which makes your machine slower. As it will take more time in finding files required by the system. Also, applications that are not in use still eat up some memory space that could have been used to make your system faster.
Set-Up System Restore – For Safty
system restore is a feature that is really important before you do any sort of clean or changes in your system. The system restore allows the user to take the system set back in time i.e. reset into place was the restore was created.
So, lets set a system restore for your Windows 10 system before we attempt to clean trash from our system, to restore the accidental deletion of files.
The following steps are needed to be followed to create a system restore the backup :
- Open Control panel (type control panel in the search box).
- Select System and Security option and then navigate to system icon.
- Select system protection -> toggle ON protection for system drive.
- Select create next to the text “create a restore point right now for the drives that have system protection turned ON.”
- Now, give a name to your restore point, the `system will add time and date itself.
- Hit create, after the process in completed close the window.
Now, after this, we can restore our system back to the same position where we left it.
Clean Junk from System
There are a few small this that you can do to clear junk files and apps from your system. Let’s start over all the things, this is not a fixed order to be followed but if followed, the process will become a lot easier.
Clear your Recycle Bin
Recycle Bin stores all the deleted files in the system. You can easily restore the file back to their place from the recycle bin. But if you have a lot of files in your system then Windows 10 will start permanently deleting a file based on the time of their deletion.
You should clean your recycle bin at least once every month. So, that all files in there you have deleted are permanently deleted and don’t eat up storage.
In this process too, we will clean our recycle bin twice. Once at the start and at last of the process. if you don’t know how to clean recycle bin follow the given steps :
- Right-click on the recycle Bin icon
- Select the Empty Recycle Bin option.
- A pop up will be there saying “Are you sure you want to permanently delete these n times?”, click YES.
Get Rid of Temporary Files
Temporary files are those data files of the system that are generated by applications to function properly. These stay even after the process is over. Temporary files also add up to a huge section of junk in your windows system. These files can easily be removed from the Windows 10 system.
Below are the steps to clean Temp file from windows 10 :
- Navigate to system setting from start => settings => System
- In the settings Windows there is storage in the left panel, click on it.
- Here, you will set a toggle below a paragraph “Storage Sence can automatically free up space….”. Toggle it to ON.
- Now, you will see a link to “configure storage Sense or run it now“, click on it.
- In the new window, search for Temporary Files, and select delete temporary files that my apps aren’t using.
- Optionally you can choose the frequency of removal of Temporary Files.
- Click on Clean Now.
- You are done with cleaning of Temporary files and can close the window.
Disk Clean Up Tools
The disk cleanup tool is an integrated tool for Windows 10 operating system. The Disk Cleanup tool is used to simplify the task of users to deleted junk files in Windows 10. This will clean up Recycle Bin, Temporary Files, and thumbnails from your system.
It will also compress system files that are not yet compressed by you. This will free some more chunks of space.
Below is the process will show the process to use clean up tool :
- Search for Disk Cleanup in the search box, and open Disk Cleanup
- Now, you will have to select drive that is to be cleaned up. This should be the C: drive, the default drive and select OK.
- Now, the software will calculate the total size of files that will be recovered by the software of clean up.
- Select checkboxes that show files to be deleted by the cleaning tool, you can optionally view the files that you have selected to delete.
- Now, click OK to delete junk files.
- A confirmation block will be prompted asking to confirm delete. This will clean all junk files automatically from your system.
FAQ: What should be the frequency to Clean Junks?
Cleaning junks is quite helpful for your system. And your system will work effectively. Based on the usage, the frequency of clean-up will be decided.
For regular users, who work on system for many hours daily and have to download many files in the system. The cleanup process will be more frequent, you can do it once a week to manage the time and speed of the system.
For casual users, who work casually for one or two hours daily and casually download files to the system. The process will be less frequent, which will be once or twice a month or when the system feels to slow down.
Hope this article helps you in cleaning your system. And you find our content helpful, if you like our work please mention it in comments also share with a friend whom you think could be benefitted from our content.